resist bird canvas

7:53:00 AM

another one of my bird canvasses - yes i know there have been a lot of them lately. Birds are such fascinating creatures and their beauty and versatility amazes me. For this canvas i used a little mint tin that i rusted and then added the bird on a branch inside as well as a little plastic egg. The background consists of my favourite material...dictionary paper with a glue resist to create the mottled textured effect. The little branch at the bottom of the canvas was given to me by my other half - he found it on one of our many walks on the farm and is really special.
1. Rusty wire is always a nice addition to altered and mixed media pieces.
2. Glue resist and distress inks on dictionary paper.
3. The branch stamp is from Hero Arts and a favourite of mine that gets used all the time.
4. Around the edge of my canvas I added a favourite quote about life. Printed on commercial paper and then cut into strips.

Supplies: Patterned paper Prima. Stamp Hero Arts. Ink Colorbox. Bird Image ATC. Postage stamp South African Post Office. Other rusty wire, old tin, branch & canvas.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images