recycled inspiration for cards

11:38:00 AM

I can't stand buying beautiful products and then throwing away the packaging. Have you really looked at some of the packaging lately? They are beautiful and useful and i love using it for various things. These cards were no exception. I used a single sheet of backing cardstock from a set of K&Company Rub-ons. The backing is a cream colour with subtle printed text and images on it and was perfect to stamp on. The first card I used one of my favourite stamps from Stampington (Butterfly) and stamped directly onto the cardstock backing with grey Stazon ink, and then adhered the image to the beautiful K&Company patterned paper background. The newspaper strip wording is also K&Co.

I used a favourite stamp from PSX (discontinued) and stamped onto a piece of the packaging as my focal point image. The strip on the left is the same but i used a script stamp and then added another packaging strip with a scalloped edge. The dark brown cardstock is Webster's pages and the yellow K&Co. Three diamantes adds a finishing touch.

Ahh..how beautiful is this lady! I love this stamp. The entire card background is made up of a piece of the packaging (note the script on the edges and the subtle images) and then also a small piece for the stamped image. The focal point is matted to bring in some colour and a single 7Gypsies rub-on and diamantes adds the final touch.

I used the last piece of the packaging for this card and just managed to stamp the image again. The background is made of K&Co and the cream patterned paper is Webster's pages off-cuts with a scallop of Bazzill Basics in dark brown. Can you tell i love diamantes? well they add that final touch of glamour and sophistication.

I love making cards with my strips of off-cuts and odds. You know the stuff that is always left-over on your desk after creating something else. Well here's to some easy and cheap cards made up of packaging and a few odds and ends. I hope you find some inspiration to look at your packaging material with new eyes and see the true possibilities they offer in your next creation.
Have a splendid and creative day! I'm off to make a layout that is all set out and ready to be assembled...just waiting for a final moment of brightness as to what to do on the background!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images