Stenciled and stamped - a card for a special boy.

2:23:00 PM

Ever find yourself just creatively stumped when it comes to making cards for men and boys? I hear it so often! So today i am sharing a quick little card i put together for a special little guy. I wanted to create a simple background using stamps and stencils and inks – something that is quick and easy, won’t cost the earth and can be done by anyone. So here’s what i put together using the Chiswick range of products…
I used white cardstock to stencil a triangular image onto my background using the Chiswick range of inks and a sponge applicator. What i like about the ink and stenciling is that it is subtle, but i can make it darker by applying more pressure and loading my sponge with more ink.

 Once i was done stenciling, I added some stamping around the edges of my card using Chiswick black dye ink and a script stamp from the Feline stamp set. I inked my stamp and then stamped off some of it onto a scrap paper before stamping onto my actual card piece, this way it us a light black and blends into my background nicely.
  I also added a border stamp in a darker black ink making it stand out against the background – nice and bold.
See the green stenciling just peek out behind the script stamping – really effective.
I matted my background center panel onto a dictionary print patterned paper and then onto Chiswick Crimson red cardstock before i adhered it all to my folded card base. The focal point and fun part of my card consists out a Chiswick sticker and some chipboard elements – nice and perfect to brighten a little boy’s day!
visit the website www.chiswick.co.za to view all the products and contact your local craft shop for products!
Happy creating until next time!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images