Silhouette CAMEO background tutorial for cards to celebrate World card making day.

7:11:00 AM

Happy world Card making day! I hope you will have a crafty day filled with lots of goodness! I'm sharing a card with you for this special occasion!
 So you’ve pretty much used your Silhouette for anything and everything, and hopefully by now you have mastered some of the most important functions. And now is the time to play and have fun!
I used one of my backgrounds I purchased to create a background for a card. I love how you can simply change the size of your cut image to fit any project. No more using pretty patterned papers for my cards – I think I am hooked on the versatility of using these cut backgrounds on my cards, and I can custom cut them in any colour paper I want or need.

open the background from your Library
resize the image – remember to hold down the “Shift” key so that it will resize proportionally. I just work on the sizing and because the image Is measured in inches I can easily see if it will fit my card front
send your file to the Silhouette to cut. Remember to loads your cutting material by following the on screen prompts on your CAMEO
cut your background using your material of choice. I used my favourite cutting cardstock, American Crafts smooth cardstock
I start by peeling off the outside piece of cardstock leaving behind only the cut background part
next I use my Spatula to carefully remove the cut image and all of the parts on the inside. I really like this tool because I can remove small as well as large piece of cardstock easily without damaging the delicate cut lines
Once my image was cut and removed from my cutting matt, I adhere it to the front of my card and trimmed off any overhanging bits using my scissors. Make sure that all the bits are glued down really well to avoid them lifting after you cut the edges off. I recommend using a spray glue to make things easier.

Did you? A life changing tip I learned the hard way!

 So you’ve unpacked your Silhouette and the box and all its bits are kept safely together, or so you think. That is until you want to change the blade settings. Apparently that little grey cap is quite an important part of the machine and whole cutting process – who new, until it was a bit late?
So as organized as I am, I couldn’t find the cap anywhere under the piles of in-progress stuff on my desk.
 Never fear because there is always someone with a solution – so phone a friend and here’s what I learned. You know the little hole on the left side of the CAMEO, the hole where you are meant to store your blade, the same blade you sometimes will have to change the settings with and just can’t do by hand and simply turning it, yes that hole.
Well afore mentioned hole can also help you adjust the blade: simply insert the blade and turn to adjust – genius right! Right!
And after all of that, I lift a pile and there is that little grey sucker! Some useless information for those who knew, but if you didn’t, then thanks a bunch to my friend for sharing that info – that saved my life!

Products Used

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images