Gone fishing with Couture Creations - by Jowilna Nolte.

4:00:00 PM

Hi it's Jowilna on the blog today sharing a layout i made using the versatile sew Jo paper pad.I love the colours on these papers and find them really versatile - what you may think can only be for girls hence the name SEW JO, actually work really well for the little guys too. I wanted to create a layout showcasing the paper range and picked a photo that will use orange as the accent colour - and it turned out to be an all time favorite!
 
I created the background for my layout using various widths of paper strips in the different designs from my paper pad. But it is My die-cut title that happened by chance...and so i just went with the design that clearly was meant to be!
My nephew went fishing in the Koi pond and so the Gone Fishing title was perfect for the layout. I started off by cutting the words out of white cardstock, and then did a second cut. BUT, my die moved and it created a really cool looking 90 degree corner.
so i popped out the words and created the corner that clearly wanted to be.
I trimmed down the words and manipulated them to create a double "fishing" in the corner.
I kept them white as i love the white on white subtle look of it all.
On the paper strips with the patchwork feel I cut some of the triangles out and raised them using the versatile foam tape from CC. What i absolutely love about this tape is that it is not so thick, so even thought you can lift elements for dimension, its proportional and not too bulky.
I added some orange and white twine for repetition and as an accent colour.
and more triangles lifted and raised using foam tape and added interest
some elements cut from packaging and again my accent colour repeated in my orange buttons.
I cut my title using my Silhouette out of black to make it stand out against the patterned paper background.
and some finishing touches all complimenting the beautiful Sew Jo paper range.

All these wonderful Couture Creations products are available in South Africa through our amazing distributor The Wholesaler!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images