Project Life meets Silhouette Cameo - healing powder of it all!

2:21:00 PM

I waited a long long time for this – the ability to cut my own things Project Life related! And I am ecstatic to report that the day finally arrived. I got to cut some special little accents to incorporate into my Project Life layout. 
 This layout is more about healing in a creative way than anything else - Project Life and creativity can do all of that!
 September has been a bad month for 27 years now…it’s a month where people die – and death like change is about the only certain thing in this life. So this Silhouette CAMEO and Project Life layout is as much a journey of healing as it is celebrating my Silhouette machine. So here it goes…
I used some ready designed files and arrows for this weeks’ project. It was just so easy to do. I did however like the freedom that I could cut the elements out of anything I could dream up and then add my own personal touch to them as well.
 
 I cut the arrows and hearts out of white American Crafts smooth cardstock, and the “&” card out of pink American Crafts smooth cardstock. To dress up my white arrows and hearts I used green and pink pigment inks pads to add some colour to them. For my Project Life cards I misted them with a quick mist of gold Mister Huey’s ink.
To dress up the large pink heart I used some gold Gliztin’ Glamour glitter glue and added a thin layer using my finger tip neatly spread out for a touch of shimmer.
Dressing up my pink cut PL card was a bit more challenging. I know that “normal” cardstocks are not fond of water and ink, but went right ahead and coloured the card anyways. I added some pigment inks to my craft sheet and misted them with water, then dipped my card into the ink and left it to dry. The effect is somewhat interesting with it’s almost aged mouldy look – but in the end I really loved it.
I can see how my PL layouts will take on a life of their own once I start designing more and more of my own cards and elements.
I hope I’ve inspired you somewhat with the Silhouette CAMEO and Project Life combination. What have you done with your CAMEO today?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images