Selfies and single page layouts.

3:22:00 PM

Welcome to another blog post – i can’t believe how the weeks and days are flying by as we head towards the end of the year. Whenever I see some of my niece’s “selfies” she takes they crack me up! I love seeing them in their everyday environment, and love capturing those moments for them onto scrapbook layouts.
So for this layout I used a sketch from Scrapbook Challenges to create this fun layout. I used a combination of patterned papers and dressed up my layout with border punches, glitter and burnishing paste from the Chiswick range of products. I totally love the end results.
I love this border punch – it really is a timeless and classic design – perfect for any layout or card. Use it with plain cardstock or patterned paper – whatever suits your design best.
I also used some of my favorite glitter to add a purple glitter strip across the bottom of my layout. I used my thin double sided tape for this, remove the backing from the tape and sprinkle liberally with glitter. I press it down lightly with my fingers and then shake off the excess and return it to my container.
For my title word, I used a word cut from my Silhouette machine in smooth black cardstock. I wanted to dress it up a bit to remove the harshness of the black. Enter my favourite go to product  – burnishing paste in bronze. I used a cloth to simply wipe a thin layer of paste across my word and then adhered it to my layout – quick and easy and so effective. A slight shimmery colour!
Man i love this stuff – the colours, the simplicity and the versatility. Here you can see how i used it effectively on a black Christmas tree to add
some shimmer to it – really very effective!
These are the products i used for my layout
Ultra fine glitter sb4225
Simplicity Border Punches – Dotty Border pct 778
Burnishing Paste 25ml Bronze pa2195
You can view these and all the other products on the website at www.chiswick.co.za
Let us know if you have trouble finding any of the products at your local craft store.
Until next time – happy crafting!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images