The Wholesaler - Gorjuss is back in town.

3:33:00 PM

Gorjuss is back in town and as usual i am not disappointed! I am however in love with the pretty papers, soft colors, beautiful elegant ribbons, fun stitched tags and my personal favorite those beautiful detailed rubber stamps. My favorite of-course is the Runaway Gorjuss on her horse - ready for adventures or simply disappearing into a magical world of her own. I used the Runaway stamp to create a card combined with my favorite American Crafts smooth cardstock. I can't imagine life without cardstock that is smooth - it enables me to stamp perfect images, but also to color them in using my favorite Artiste markers. The smooth cardstock will give me a crisp image when stamped, but also allows me to add a flawless layer of color using plenty of water.
I had so much fun creating with the new Gorjuss range of papers, i made this quick recycled paintbrush holder just for fun!
The smooth cardstock takes water well and without the texture is perfect for stamping, inking, techniques, texture paste and stenciling to mention a few. This is my go-to cardstock these days because i can create the look i want without worrying about the texture getting in the way of my creativity.
The other advantage of the smooth cardstock is that you can punch images from it using even the most delicate of punches. The paper is firm yet soft and leaves a crisp image - the perfect companion to your favorite punches giving your creativity even more possibilities.
Here's how i stamped and colored my images using the new Artiste marker set.
I add a lot of water to my color on a palette and use a small paintbrush to add the color to my image.
And here's how you can stamp with your markers in a few easy steps
step 1 - Colour the stamp with the long tip of your marker turned on the flat side.
step 2 - lightly mist the inked image with a water mister to moisten the ink.
step 3 - place the stamp nto your smooth cardstock and lightly apply pressure to stamp the image. Carefully remove the stamp and color your images.
  • Never use the tip to colour in your stamps but rather the flat edge of the marker to avoid damaging the tips when you apply pressure 
  • By misting the ink with water you moisten it up making the ink wetter for stamping and gives you a watercolour effect while stamping 
  • The dual tip markers are perfect for colouring in with the round tip, using them with water to paint and to stamp – a 3 in one go-to marker for adding colour to your life
    Products used
    DoCrafts Artiste Watercolour Dual-Tip Pens [DOA851303]
    DoCrafts Gorjuss Stitched Ribbon Tags [GOR 157107]
    DoCrafts Gorjuss Stamps The Runaway [GOR 907115]
    DoCrafts Gorjuss Paper Pack 6x6” [GOR 160106]
    AC Cardstock 12x12 Smooth – White [AC NEUTRALS 71793]
    AC Cardstock 12x12 Smooth – Taffy [AC PINKS 71791]
    AC Cardstock 12x12 Smooth – Coffee [AC NATURALS 71774]
    Petaloo Forget me nots Pink [1835-320]
    Versafine Onyx Black [TVF-82]
    Walnut Ink Crystals [TWI-001]

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images