Chiswick - dressing up your chipboard to match your theme or project.

3:54:00 PM

I am in love...every now and again one does a layout that just speaks to your heart - and this is it! I simply love everything about it, the way the colours came together, the theme, the beautiful papers, the bling and the stamping - it's just so me!I think what makes me love it even more is the fact that i could dress up the funky chipboard letters from Chiswick to match my layout using their glitter. Although the blue letters worked - it wasn't perfect so i made them perfect for me, and that's what is important right? You can view Chiswick products here www.chiswick.co.za
I used the beautiful Polkadot Part patterned papers for my layout and even added some other favourite accents.
To add to my theme and make it a bit more girly, i used this beautiful scallop punch to add a feminine touch to my layout. I then dressed it up by adding some small flat-backed pearls - perfect!
I used a previously die-cut element coloured in their beautiful silver ink pad and tucked it underneath my cut out cowgirl boots.
and for the grand finale, i dressed up my letters by covering them in glitter. This is so easy just like my glitter strips (another favourite technique) - but this time i used and even easier method for creating this striking effect.
I also added some girly stamps from the Chiswick range in a soft silver ink as to not overwhelm my layout or distract from what is really important.
Here's how i created my glitter title
Step 1
Create your title using your chipboard letters directly onto your layout .
Step 2
Use dimensional glaze and cover your letters in n even layer. Use a needle to prick an air bubbles and make them pop.
Step 3
Cover your letters in a nice thick layer of glitter. Don't be shy as you are going to remove most of the glitter and return it to the container.
Step 4
Leave the glitter for a few seconds and then shake off the excess. The glitter will only stick to the glaze layer and the rest will simply 'fall off'.
Tips and hints
Because the glaze is in liquid form you don't want to keep the letters at an angle for too long - so leave the glitter to settle for a few seconds, then tilt the project to remove the excess glitter and then lay it flat down on a level surface to avoid the glaze forming uneven levels and gathering on the edges.
Leave the glaze to dry completely, this may vary in different weather conditions. Then use a small soft paintbrush to remove any excess glitter from around the edges.
Avoid touching the glaze/glitter layer - rather leave it to dry overnight instead of ruining your project and leaving finger prints in a layer of wet glaze/glitter and having to do touch ups.
Products used  Clear stamp - A La Mode rs3169,
Chipboard Adhesive Alphabet Blue st1009, Pearlescent ink pad Grey rs 3360, Ultra fine glitter sb4225

To find your nearest stockist of Chiswick Products contact Denise on 031-5696116
or visit their website www.chiswick.co.za for a full range of products and previous blog posts by Jowilna Nolte.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images