Chiswick - creating elements using rubber stamps.

12:44:00 PM

Early on in my creative career I worked in a stamp shop - my love for "rubber" was and still is passionate! I love the feel of holding something tangible in my hands that i can repeatedly use over and over again and in different ways, combined with many techniques and products in any which way it pleases me. So when i first got hold of the Chiswick range of stamps (www.chiswick.co.za) i was pleasantly surprised. The range quickly became a favourite go to section. So when  i created this layout i wanted to incorporate many different designs  into it and the go to products was stamps.

I used them in different ways to create not only texture and patterns but add something interesting to this somewhat masculine layout, and still keeping it real to my own style.
I used lots of circles on this layout - just another shape to add to the many on the list used on this project. I used sewing to highlight the circles and add even more texture.
I used this beautiful stamp and stamped it onto white smooth cardstock using black ink. I then trimmed the stamped image into smaller diamond shapes to use on my layout as a border. I love how one 'big' thing can become lots of smaller elements on a layout or card just by using your imagination and a good pair of scissors like these
I also used these fun little postage stamps to create my own elements on my layout instead of using store bought embellishments. I stamped them onto white cardstock and then added a light inking on top of that to change the colour - this makes them blend into the layout more instead of standing out like a sore thumb. Use foam dots to raise them for added dimension.
I used the intricate floral stamp from this set and embossed it in dark brown embossing powder to create my own textured piece of embossed paper. You can dress it up using buttons, brads and other elements, ink the white background to change the colour or leave it plain as i did for an effective handmade piece of paper.
I love how i created my own elements in a few easy steps using just stamps and a couple of added products. It just shows you how stamps can be used creatively using different mediums making each project unique and special. All the products used are available from your nearest scrapbooking shop - you can contact Denise on 031- 569 6116 or visit www.chiswick.co.za to view their entire product list and for previous blog posts. Look out for another creative blog post later this week featuring a fun jewellery item you can make at home. Have a wonderfully creative week!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images