recycled cards

9:11:00 AM

One of my favourite things to do is to recycle and re-purpose packaging. These cards were all made using packaging from a Prima scrapbooking kit. The front of the kit includes a visual of the paper inside as well as sample pages of what could possible be made using the paper. I took the 'cover sheet' and used my circle cutter to cut a few circles from it - I did pick the areas that I liked the most, then combined these circles with a few Cuttlebugged butterflies and other embellishments. The cards are quick and easy to make plus I got additional mileage out of my product packaging.
The single most important thing to me about packaging is that the designers spent years developing and perfecting their skills of putting colour schemes and designs together that work.
It's the perfect platform for anyone to learn from - to get great colour combinations for your projects as well as putting patterns and designs together. So I encourage you to look at professionally designed products with a new eye of learning - let it inspire you to use better colour combinations in your cards and layouts.
The Cuttlebugged butterflies as cut from different patterned papers and then sewn together using a sewing machine. Each butterfly is at a different angle so that you could see a bit of all of them. This adds dimension to the butterflies and to your card. Their wings are easily bent upwards while the sewing holds them in place.

Supplies: Cardstock Bazzill Basics. Patterned paper Prima. Other Book paper, buttons, diamantes and brads.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images