cold evenings...sees me creating stuff

3:26:00 PM

With the colder evenings I tend to wanna climb into bed early and just snuggle down...but then the creative urge sometimes gets in the way and well then I just make stuff. Why - because I can! This house template was designed by Linita a friend and put together with my own type of construction. OK so building was never on the cards as a career opportunity for me.

I wanted to make it a pretty little hide away and opted for the floral patterned paper with a vintage feel and look. I used elements found on my table as usual and then just added random elements.

This is one of my favourite things....if you are South African and more likely Afrikaans then chances are you know the game "Boereplaas". Well this vintage playing card is from that came. I remember as a kid we played the game on the farm with my grandparents and these are some of the remnants left over after my brother got hold of it.
I have to say strange how things change - we never had an affinity for old things until lately.
I collect old things to use in my projects and my brother now runs, buys and sells old vintage antiques in a store in Cape Town. He who could not value anything old back then...now a fine collector of valuables..mmmm. there's hope! Oh, and yes he does have a list of things I am looking for.
The roof was painted in a layer of gesso and then dark brown acrylic paint to make the textures pop. I used a baby wipe to remove some of the paint and worked the rest into the textured areas for a nice contrast.

Vintage people for a vintage home. These image are from Tim Holtz Distressables sheets. They are so fun to work with and compliments the rest of his product lines perfectly. The pink embossing on the flowers are Weathered Rose Distress Embossing powder. The number 55 is the number of my previous home in Sandton and a happy place for me.

The bow is from a soft toy the dogs are playing with...so I truly spotted the potential when they were done chewing the piece of ribbon and it landed on my desk - like pretty much everything else. The pin...well same story! From a convention kit I disassembled.
So here's to cold nights, snuggling up in bed, creativity, home sweet home and a happy place!

Supplies: Kit Scrapbook Direct. Patterned paper K&Company. Images & Metals Tim Holtz. Embossing powder Ranger Industries. Rub-ons 7Gypsies. Paint Making Memories. Other Diamantes, fabric, pin, flowers, stamps, ink, gesso & buttons.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images