Altered Glitter Strips - Lady Pattern Paper.

8:47:00 AM

 I am always a bit apprehensive when I want to add loads of techniques to a project like a layout using texture paste and other art mediums – why you may ask? Well then wet stuff meets dry paper things happen – weird things happen to be honest! So much to my relief when I first tried stenciling with creative medium onto Lady Pattern Paper papers I was so chuffed that the weirdness wasn’t all that bad, sure it did its usual buckle but significantly less than some other patterned paper out there and dried perfectly. Another awesome reason why we love this lady!
For this layout I used the intense teal range of papers. I used them on my background as well as altered a strip to create some glitter elements for my layout – here’s how I created the layout and elements: 

































Step 1 -I used my creative medium texture paste through a Prima stencil directly on top of my papers and then left it to dry really well before finishing my layout.  
step 2 - To create my glitter strips, I used the intense teal gingham sheet with the stripes on the back. Cut the paper strip to measures 3cm wide. Adhere strips of 16mm wide double sided tape to the white stripes on the paper strip. 
Step 3 -  Remove the backing from every second strip of double sided tape and sprinkle with one colour of glitter like gold. Shake off the excess glitter and return the left-over glitter to the bottle.
 step 4 -   Remove the backing from the rest of the double sided tape strips. Sprinkle these with a second colour of glitter. Shake off the excess and return the glitter to the container.
TIP: Always work on something that will enable you to return the glitter to its original container.
step 5 - Cut the strips into thin strips – this is your choice. I just used my scissors and cut the thin slithers of paper freehand. Then adhere the strips to your layout using a glue pen to create corners around your photos and elements.
This is a really fun way of adding some sparkle to your patterned papers, changing the look and feel, and getting the most out of your Basic Essentials range of papers. By using different techniques and products together with your Lady Pattern Paper Basic Essentials you can stretch them so much further! 
 I love how the gold, teal and mint striped paper works so well with all the different colours and elements on my layout! Adding that sparkle to my project – just what a girl needs!
 #LadyPatternPaper #TheWholesaler #Scrapcouture #ImagineCrafts #Tsukineko

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images