Chiswick - Pearlescent embossed accents.

4:29:00 PM

From the very first time i saw the magic of heat embossing i was hooked. i can also recall the facial expressions of people who know for the very first time see it - it really is magical. So what's a girl to do with a delicate die-cut - well add some more magic is the natural choice! So what would be more perfect than a nice Pearlescent effect topped with heat embossing. I got to work with the Chiswick range of Pearlescent ink pads to colour some elements and to stamp with - and i love the outcome! so here's what i did with my layout and technique elements...
I first cut my element out of white smooth American Crafts cardstock - i prefer this cardstock because it cuts nicely especially with delicate dies like the one i used and takes ink well because of it's smooth surface. Once the ink was applied it stayed wet long enough for me to add clear embossing powder and heat set it using my Chiswick heat gun. i simply love the look - see how the pearly effect shows through the embossing?

I added some delicate thin silver thread underneath my flowers - i combined some cream and soft blue flowers with the denim blue Chiswick flowers to create a nice mix between texture, shape and colour.
I used the same Pearlescent ink pad to stamp some themed images directly onto my background cardstock - to make sure the ink dries really well i heat set it using my heat gun. A quick blast will ensure the ink is dry and prevent smudges.
I used some of the lovely chipboard stickers out of the Chiswick range - to add some interest i added some folds to it - really just crumpling it up and then adhering it to still show the folds.
and here's how i created my coloured die-cut accent for my layout
Step 1
Die-cut the element out of white smooth cardstock. Pick the colour of your ink you want to add to the element.
Step 2
Turn over the ink pad and press the ink repeatedly onto the die-cut until it is fully covered in colour. Do not drag the ink pad to avoid it from being damaged.
Step 3
Add a layer of clear Zing embossing powder over the wet Pearlescent ink and shake off the excess. Heat set the embossing powder until it turns shiny and is set. Leave the powder to cool down.
Tip - The golden rule to most embossing powders is, when it turns shiny it is done. So when you see that all the powder is shiny you know that you have heated it enough.
Step 4
You element is now ready to be adhered to your layout using a thin layer of Tombow Mono Multi adhesive. I love how the Pearlescent silver of the ink pad peaks out from underneath the clear embossing powder - such an awesome effect!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images