Xcut recycled tool caddy.

1:13:00 PM

I am for ever losing my most used tools on my desk that is always so full of work in progress projects. This also leads to me losing my sense of humour and some other things every now and again. So what’s a girl to do?
Well you hoard stuff and then one day you figure it out. The other day I was given a whole bunch of plastic containers that are used to store shell casings in – you know for guns right! Don’t ask. Anyways - so they were lying around and then I threw some away just to pick some out of the trash pile again – because the possibilities where there.
 If you are still confused – it’s the black plastic part of my tool caddy pictures. I then happened to stumble upon a gift box at Mr Price that could be the perfect size for this little sucker to fit into. I took a chance and when I got home it was oh so perfect and fitted like they were made for each other. I simply discarded the lid of the box and inserted the plastic holder.

How I decorated my tool caddy
I covered the outside of the store bought box using Crate Flea Market patterned paper. The tag came from the same range of paper and then used some of the tags to die cut 3 little petals using my Xcut flower die set. The flowers were so delicate and perfect I just added some ink around the edges and layered them on top of each other for dimension. I didn’t want to decorate the functionality away from this caddy but wanted it to still look pretty. I wrapped some pretty ribbon around the top end and inserted the plastic part back into the box. The plastic circles are big enough to hold all of my favourite tools, scissors, journaling pens and pencils – no more looking for all those very important bits to get me crafting.
With a little bit of imagination and some recycling you can make something so simple and functional. And those die cuts sure do make life a lot easier – they cut like butte through paper and cardstock which makes decorating your everyday life so much prettier.
i love how my XCut tools perfectly fitted into the holes and the colours are really pleasing with everything beautifully co-ordinated!
Products Used 
Crate Flea Market Paper Pad Cuttlebug V2 [PC 2000293] 
Glue Dots Pop Up [GD12296-75] 
Tombow Mono Multi Glue [TB 62191] 
Purple Turtle Double Sided Tape - 48mm [PT13] 
Xcut A5 Die Set – Flowers [DXCU503195] 
Xcut A5 Die Set – Leaves [DXCU503194]

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images