Marion Smith Scrapbooking papers and elements.

6:18:00 AM

Have you seen the new Marion Smith Scrapbooking papers and embellishments? well they are a real treat!
This is Marion Smith, and I am totally in love with the beauty of her paper ranges and embellishments. The problem is what not to create with this amazing range, because the possibilities are endless. So I settled onto a range of decorative “homes”, simply because I needed something to display in a little empty spot in my work area. And since the colours of the MS papers and embellishments were a perfect fit with my French farmhouse look I was totally sold on the idea.
I started off with cutting a few off cut pieces of wood into rough house shapes. I then covered them in a layer of gel medium and adhered the patterned paper to the wood, covering each paper with another layer of gel medium and letting it dry. Gel medium is different than Modge Podge and in my opinion a much better product. Gel medium is an artist quality product that acts as an adhesive and a sealant, but best of all is that is pulls the paper down into an even finish – perfectly every time.
Once the paper dried really well I sanded the edges to remove any excess paper and then started with my decorating, of course my favourite part. I used a couple of the patterned papers to fussy cut some elements, added stamped sentiments, pretty blooms and the beautiful Junque & Gems embellishments as part of my decorating. All the elements and colours thrown together make for a pretty mix of vintage glamour, utter romance and classic elegance. As a finishing touch I used some gold leafing on the slopes of the roof for added bling.
i love the soft colours and designs of the papers - so beautiful!
some washi tape and Teresa Collins words add even more charm to this range.
Products used
Marion Smith Garment District 6x6 Paper Pack [MS 101022]
Marion Smith Junque & Gems - Early Birds [MS 101028]
Marion Smith Mad Tea Party 6x6 Paper Pack [MS 101030]
VersaFine Ink Pad - Onyx Black [TVF-82]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images