Scrap Challenge Winners...

3:50:00 PM

It's official - the winners of the Scrap Challenge was announced recently. The Scrap Challenge was a pack handed out at the May Convention with Tim Holtz where you had to create a layout featuring the techniques used on the day.
Well this was my attempt and ....I am one of the winners.
Congratulations also to Michelle Carrick and Roz Fitzgerald from Cape Town on their winning entries. To see other spectacular entries visit...SA Scrapbook Convention. Thanks to Glenda and her team!
I used a large chipboard bracket cut in half and covered in book paper on the edge of the background cardstock. On top of the bracket I used a die-cut butterfly dyed with Glimmermist I made myself and a calligraphy pen nib. The edges are all distressed.

The photos of Tim Holtz were taken in February 2004 at CHA Dallas and signed by him on his recent trip. He even knew the year at a single glance. He truly is a remarkable individual - sincere and generous.

So this is my winning layout! It really consists of left-over bits of book paper from the event it self, recycled packaging and the paper given to us in the scrap challenge pack. I had lots of fun creating this one - the whole Tim Holtz distressed look suits my style pretty well, and the products are wonderful to work with.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images