Washi tape masking and stamping.

4:48:00 PM

Welcome to todays post – it’s hard to believe we’ve gone from Winter to Spring and into Summer in just a week! But must admit the green garden and warmer weather is so inspiring. So today I am sharing wonderful Spring inspired card with you using some gorgeous floral stamps and stickers from Chiswick.
I used a simple masking technique with Washi tape to create a border effect in the middle of my card, and then designed my focal
point around the center piece. I took my colour cue from the beautiful stickers – orange, grey, green and pink and just a hint of purple too.
I added some soft pretty flowers to my card design that perfectly complimented my stickers and added some extra texture.

In the middle of my card I layered some chipboard elements on top of each other with my top chipboard being a sentiment.


Here’s how i used my washi tape as a masking tool
step 1 – adhere a strip of washi tape across the center of the front of your card.
TIP: Be mindful that your wahsi tape is not too sticky otherwise it will pull of some of your base cardstock – I usually stick it to an old cloth to remove some of the stickiness.
step 2 – Use a floral stamp and repeatedly stamp your image from left to right. You want to stamp the image overlapping off of the washi tape at the top, but not overlapping onto the bottom portion of your card. Then do the same stamping at the bottom of the washi tape strip all across.

step 3 – Carefully remove the washi tape when you are done stamping.
TIP: The ink on the washi tape may still be wet, so be careful not to get any ink on your fingers and then smudging the front of your card.
Now go ahead and decorate you card using flowers and chipboard.
There you have a quick masking technique using your very versatile washi tapes.
I used the following products from Chiswick for my project:
Die-cut stickers – Funky Fun  st1002
Chipboard adhesives – Ephemera st1007
Clear Stamp Butterflies rs3171
To view all the wonderful products I used head on over to www.chiswick.co.za
or contact Denise  (031) 569 5673 to find your closest craft store.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images