Feline gift tag - stencilling and stamping on a burnishing paste background.

3:58:00 PM

Welcome to another fun post creating with the wonderful Chiswick products. I have some work colleagues coming into town next week and one of them is a cat lover, so what better way than to welcome her with a little feline love! And the great news is that Chiswick has an entire stamp set dedicated to cats! So by now you always know how much i love the Chiswick inks and burnishing paste, and i thought it appropriate to show you how to make your own glitter cardstock instead of buying the commercial version. I really believe in multi purposing my products and so i always try and find as much as i possibly can to do with any one product. That way i can justify my expensive instead of buying things that end up never being used – i believe you have to fully utilize it if you spend the money on it.
So to start off i used some stencils on my background. Stenciling is all the rage now and very fashionable. And I was super excited to see how well the Pearlescent ink pads work for stenciling together with a sponge dauber.
Once i was done stenciling i used my finger tips to apply a thin layer of Gold Burnishing paste to the background. I used a smooth cardstock so spreading the paste evenly over the entire background was very easy. You can see how the white cardstock changes to a off-white with a slight shimmer – it’s quite hard to capture the shine on a photo but in real life it is magical.
TIP – keep in mind that the paste will leave the cardstock even smoother than before and it’s almost like it now has a protective oily layer on top of it
I then stamped my feline image in the center of the cardstock piece. Because of the burnishing paste layer, the ink created a funky ‘halo’ around the solid cat image and also prevented the ink from drying immediately like it normally would.
I used my heat gun to simply heat set the ink of the stamped image before continuing to decorate my tag. Heat setting it dries the ink immediately preventing any smudges
I then trimmed down the image and matted it onto pink cardstock and patterned paper before adding it to my tag.
 I also die cut words in the Chiswick cardstock – i cut a black and pink word and then layered them on top of each other slightly off-set.
A quick and easy gift tag for a lovely cat lady.
 cool and creative in a few easy steps

and here’s a list of the Chiswick products i used for my tag

Pearlescent Ink Pad – Brown rs3350 Clear Stamp – Feline Script 140 x 180mm (ER-A14) rs3170 Burnishing Paste 25ml – Gold pa2190 Textured C/Stock 216g 12″ X 12″ Lipstick 10 Shts/Pck sb4990 Textured C/Stock 216g 12″ X 12″ Black 10 Shts/Pck (131) sb4965 Heat Gun in Gift Box cr1350

Remember that all these products are available from your local craft store, and if you cant find them please ask for them by name and code.
In search of your local craft store, then contact Denise 031- 569 5673
and she will be able to assist you
For more info on all Chiswick products you can visit www.chiswick.co.za
until next time – have a wonderfully creative week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images