POP Paint – recycled jar lids.

11:30:00 AM

I love it when you have too many ideas and not enough time – on many levels I hate it too, but when you actually get to do them it is amazing. This was the case with these POP painted recycled jar lids. I have been holding onto pretty empty bottles for ages, and yes they do tend to get packed away and hoarded, but when I use them they find a new loving home and become totally functional.
I painted the lids and then added pretty store bought handles to finish them off and make them pretty.
Step 1 – Paint the lids in two layers of POP paint. I used 3 different colours for my 3 jars.
Step 2 – Leave the lids to dry and then drill a small hole in the center of each lid.
Step 3 – Add a layer of grey wax using a stipple brush.
TIP: I did not sand my lids after painting so that I could keep the texture and brush streaks.
The wax sits inside the texture formed by the brush strokes and create a beautiful effect.
Step 4 – Use an old t-shirt and buff the wax to a shine.
Step 5 – Insert the handle in the lid and tighten.
Step 6 – See how the grey wax sits inside the texture for a lovely distressed effect.
Make sure the handles are tightened well.
All you need to do now is fill the jars with sweets for Easter and you have a lovely table decoration.
These will make great memory jars filled with trinkets, notes, Polaroid photos and keepsakes.
painted jar lid3Select one of the 15 trendy colours to recycle your jars and create something truly unique for your home.
Look out for the POP paint of range at your nearest craft, home decor and hardware store!
Add some colour to your life in a few easy strokes!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images