Die Cut Layers for a quick and easy card.

7:00:00 AM

Welcome to another post at the Couture Creations blog!
I love layers of late using my die-cuts. The challenge is to not find dies that would match perfectly but dies that would otherwise not match so perfectly.
So for today i didn't do any spectacular techniques but rather played with simple die cuts using some of my pretty scrap papers. We all have so many scraps left from other projects and die cuts are perfect to use those pretty papers and not let them go to waste.
I combined two lovely dies together - the Fancy frame from the Metricon collection and the Splendour Doily from the Treasures Lace die collection.

I added some simple elements for this quick card - layered silk and paper flowers combined with diamante and rub-ons.
step 1 - Cut the Splendour doily using patterned paper. Use your quick release paper to make sure that the cut is clean and releases easily.
step 2 - Cut the Fancy Frame from red cardstock scrap. For this die you want to definitely use the quick release paper - with all it's small and delicate pieces it can be tricky to remove it without using this handy product.
step 3 - My patterned paper had a grey distressed look. So it turned over the center part and stamped my sentiment onto it to use back in the center of my doily cut.
I assembled my card by adhering the doily to the front of my card, then adhering the fancy frame part and then using foam tape to adhere the center stamped sentiment part on top of everything.
I love that i can make a ten minute card using beautiful products that make a statement - like these two beautiful die cuts. And best of all i get to use my scraps that i love so much!

These are the products i used for my card
Fancy frame  – CO723746 
Double sided foam tape
remember to like us on Facebook and to visit the blog to see the other wonderful designs the design team are making with the Metricon and Treasures collections of dies.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images