boyish impressions using Knee Highs & Bow Ties.

6:05:00 AM

It's the month of celebrating boys and men, so there are loads of boyish things happening around my work space!
Being a boy mom (to 2 boy dogs) I am always on the lookout for beautiful boyish looking products, papers and stamps. Now I don’t just always use them for the dogs and my mister although very handy - they come in very convenient for my little nephew. The problem is that there are not always beautiful boy products available on the market – but thankfully manufacturers and designers are starting to cater more and more for the male figures in our lives.
 The Knee Highs & Bow Ties range from Basic Grey is wonderful and so very versatile. The range includes cool cars and beautiful bugs which enables you to make loads of pages in either theme – I can go bugs for my dogs and cars for my little nephew – how cool is that. Just take the sticker sheet for instance – there are loads of cool banners, cars and words to use and then twice as many bugs and circles for more layouts and cards. Bang for my bucks!

 This week’s project is a layout, but what I really loved about the layout is that I could use the ‘BIG’ silhouette stamp to create fun accents on my layout. What makes the stamp so much fun is that you can incorporate it so easily and simply by changing the product you use to stamp with you can change the look of your project. I used my all-time favourite ink pad for stamping the dark brown images – Versafine Vintage Sepia. I then punched circles out of the stamped cardstock and used them across my layout.


About Versafine ink pads
Versafine is an extremely wet ink – so you need to apply it the right way and you will get a perfect image every time.
If you battle to stamp this is the ink pad for you – it’s a soft on the stamp ink so transfers the images beautifully and easily, even if you have arthritis in your hands and fingers.
Versafine is an ink that will give you extremely fine detail even with the most delicate of stamp images, but also works perfectly with bolder images and lettering.
You are able to watercolor or marker over and it won't bleed – yeah!
Versafine is a natural oil-based pigment ink that dries instantly on matte cardstock and can even be heat set with a heat gun on smooth slightly shiny cardstock.
Versafine Inkpads will last 3-5 times longer than regular inks which make them very economical.
To view the sxs head on over here



Products used
AC Cardstock 12x12 Textured - Rocky Road [AC NATURALS 71466]
Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow Ties Double Sided Paper - Freeze Tag [BG 415]
Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow Ties Double Sided Paper - Kick the Can [BG 4159]
Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow Ties 6x6 Paper Pad [BG 4165]
Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow Ties Element Stickers [BG 4166]
Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow Ties Cling Stamp - Cars & Trucks Silhouette [BG CG603]
VersaFine Ink Pad - Vintage Sepia [TVF-54]
VersaMagic Dew Drop Ink Pad - Thatched Straw [TGD-31]
VersaMagic Dew Drop Ink Pad - Sea Breeze [TGD-37]

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images