cuttlebug holiday postcard from the wholesaler.

3:03:00 PM

every year i want to do something different with my Christmas cards. So this year i decided to make some fun postcard style cards - they had to be quick and easy but also feature real postage stamps, some stamping with ink and some texture. what better way to achieve all three than to grab for my cuttlebug and some of my other favourite goodies from The Wholesaler. this little postcard project is featured in the new scrapping & kie magazine.
i used some Teresa Collins Christmas patterned papers for my base as well as for the embossed baubles. i love how a large embossed image can be trimmed down into an accent.
to add texture to my photograph i used a Christmas tree embossing folder turned on it's side to represent a swirl at the top of my photo. i lightly sanded the raised surface so that the texture would be more visible.
some of my favourite rubber stamps...
and more rubber stamped images on top of real postage stamps...
the cuttlebug is truly a versatile machine. and if you don't own one by now...you still have time to add it to your wish list for Santa to deliver.
photograph credit: 
Barbs du Plessis and Alistair du Plessis

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images