i have never been on Table Mountain

11:43:00 AM


So many of you wanted to know where I have been lately…
Well after teaching at the convention in Johannesburg I spent a few days at home before flying to Cape Town. Unfortunately for me I did not get to go to Kichaka with the others. I have never been to a Game Farm and certainly nothing as luxurious as that so it was a pity, but that’s life.
I flew down to Cape Town on the Wednesday and spent the day and night with my brother and his family – it was nice to see the kids again as we only see them maybe once a year.
On Thursday morning my brother drove me to Sea Point to the Winchester Mansions Hotel where I met up with the rest of the teachers. We took in some sights – it was the perfect day then as luck would have it the wind came up and I still didn’t get to go up Table Mountain! It is my third try and no luck. Yes I hear you say but you are South Africa – well I have never been up Table Mountain OK!! We did however get to see some Penguins at Boulders Beach, had the most awesome piece of hake and calamari for lunch and took in some vintage window-shopping in Kalk Bay. We had a good day before heading out to Spier.


What an experience to actually stay there in the Village. I taught my class on Saturday after lunch and sneaked out the morning to go and see the Raptures and the Cheetahs. Had a Barn Owl sit on my hand and got some really cool pics up close and personal – what an experience. Didn’t get to go into the Cheetah enclosures though and had no-one with me to take a single photo so figured it wasn’t really worth my while!
I did get to meet some of my Cape Town friends, fellow crafters and talented stampers and we got to visit for a short while which was good.
On Sunday morning early while the delegates were arriving I caught an early plane back to Johannesburg. Wish I could have stayed for the day – but things didn’t work out that way. In a nut shell that was my time away. Will post more picture collages soon, and working on some exciting new projects that I will share as well.

For now it is finalizing the last of the kits for Stamp Camp this weekend and redesigning a card or two as I am not quite happy with what I have done…mmm

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images