Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry

10:22:00 AM

Hi everyone, my apologies for being missing in action this past week!
I have been busy with work, and with a huge project - building a cupboard for my stash. I have no words to describe how excited I am about this cupboard. It has been a long haul and an even longer dream. But I finally got my J to consider recycling an old cupboard as finances are tight and we just had to make what we have work. And now we can finally see the vision and we are busy creating it.
But in the meantime I also got to play with the amazing new Kaisercraft ranges and to apply for the Design Team - nothing ventured nothing gained right?
I created this layout combining two of the new ranges - All the glitters and Furry friends.
I had this photo of my Dalmatian Bailey and niece and it worked perfectly with the colours and theme.

For my center panel on this layout I used a stencil and some gold ink to create an interesting effect. I wanted to mimic the gold of the paper and it worked really well adding that element of surprise. I also added some gold sprinkle confetti mimicking the look of the gold dots on the paper. And if you look closely you can see loads of sewing happening on the center panel using my sewing machine.
You guys know how much I love making cards with my scraps, and so this card was a ten minute card using my left-overs from the paper. The embellishment pack was a quick and easy choice to add my focal point image and some die-cut brackets from a left over piece of technique card stock.
 And lastly I used an empty glue dot cardboard roll and created a fun serviette ring for our Easter lunch. I simply covered the roll in paper and added some elements with some diamante adhered to the inside edges. Quick and easy but a nice touch to any table setting - doing my bit for recycling some of my craft stash while creating something functional.
Here's wishing you a wonderful Easter - celebrating the true reason for living life and finding meaning in the everyday!
Lots of blessings for a wonderful weekend!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images