Wrapping paper Die-cuts - a Christmas card for Couture Creations.

7:00:00 AM

Hi Couture Crafters - Jowilna here with a quick and easy wrapping paper die cut card!
It's countdown time to Christmas- officially one month to go!
We don't do a huge Christmas celebration, but I know I good wrapping paper when I see one. So when i had to wrap a present for someone else I bought this lovely paper with berries and leaves on with a mostly white background - perfect for any crafting project!
I wanted to create something festive but simple and this lovely new Christmas die was perfect for my card. I used the die cut as a base for my focal point element to sit on.
The details on the Couture Creations dies are amazing!
A quick sentiment strip adhered using foam tape adds some dimension.
Delicate layers compliment the die cut beautifully.
Here's how i created my die-cut and other elements:
Step 1 - adhere your Christmas wrapping paper to smooth white cardstock using a glue stick. Leave the glue to dry before cutting or otherwise the thin paper might rip and tear.
Step 2 - trim some of the leaves and berries out of the paper and ink the edges to hide the cutting marks.
die and cut the element out of the wrapping paper piece. I used Quick release die paper to help my paper release easily from the detailed die.
Step 4 - Remove the quick release paper and then adhere the element to the front of your card. Add cut out leaves and berries as well as a focal point image and sentiment using foam tape - Double Sided Tape Premium Craft Adhesives

Remember you can find all these wonderful products from your local craft store - or ask for them by name! Happy crafting - i hope your Christmas cards are all done by now!
Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images