Chiswick - multicoloured embossed butterfly card.

3:47:00 PM

One of my favourite stamp sets from Chiswick is the Butterfly set – it’s one of those classic sets with beautiful images that can work for any craft and any theme. I have used it on scrapbooking layouts, on cards, in mini-albums and altered projects and still i don’t tire of it! For this card I chose embossing to create colour and texture on my focal image. The colours are soft and feminine and I love the look.
The stamp is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. For this card i embossed the butterfly using 3 colours of embossing powders on the same image for a unique look.
For my background I used the same 3 colours of inks to create a multicolored effect. Once the ink was dry I used the Intricate background stamp and stamped the large background in black on my coloured cardstock. To lighten the colours I added a layer of vellum and sewed it with my sewing machine instead of using an adhesive to adhere it. I also love how the sewing adds some texture.
Above and below my middle section of the card where the focal point is I added two stamped swirls. I used the same stamp and just stamped the one upside down. This creates a pattern and lets your eyes focus on what is happening in the middle.
For this project I used these wonderful products from Chiswick

Clear Stamp – Intricate Patterns 140 x 180mm (ER-21)rs3167
Clear Stamp – Butterflies 140 x180mm (ER-A9)rs3171
General Purpose Scissor 215mmcr0930
Plastic Bone Foldercr1200
Heat Gun in Gift Boxcr1350
Clear Stamp – Flourishes – 140 x 180mm (ER-A19)rs3172

Visit the Chiswick website to view all the products, or contact Denise  031 – 569 6116 to find your nearest craft store -
Happy embossing until next time!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images