scrap africa sketch challenge - single page.

7:17:00 AM

it's time for another super sketch challenge over at Scrap Africa. This time we got to work with a sketch from page maps (www.pagemaps.com) and i simply love their beautiful fresh clean lines. for my layout i used some elements that will be launched in South Africa soon - i promise! but i couldn't resist sneaking them into this layout design - simply because i love it so much!
the sketch can really be anything you want it to be and to prove it you need to check out and see what the rest of the design team did with it - truly amazing!
recently i have started using a lot more of my precious stamps in my layouts. i went through a phase where i didn't simply because people attending my classes just couldn't or wouldn't respect my stamps as i do and they would get messed up. so my 'scrappers' did not have the privilege which in return hindered my creativity to use them. a vicious circle. but reality.
so on this layout i used this beautiful leaf stamp. i stamped the image onto white cardstock and painted them using watercolors. i really love painting and watercolors are my weapon of choice...i first adhere them to my layout and then added a layer of dimensional glaze to make them really stand out. the effect in real life is amazing! i also added in some washi tape strips, because a girl can never have too many rolls of washi tape! the scallop edge is a punch by American Crafts and distributed in South Africa by The Wholesaler - love this design so much!
to add texture to my background i used a 'cupcake' wrapper and inked through the beautiful design using an applicator tool and some Old Paper Distress Ink. the effect is amazing and delicate and soft. Those diamonds....are from a scrap of technique paper i created myself about 2 years ago - yip that's how long things can float around in my work space before it finally finds a home OR i have the heart to thrown it away. a couple of buttons and diamante adds some colour through from the patterned paper and embellishments. 
thank you for stopping by...and a special shout out to Janet - i blogged! 
wishing you an amazing week filled with creativity!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images