karen foster gets it right.

10:15:00 AM


i fell in love this week with this paper by Karen Foster. My sentiments is that she actually got it right - not knocking her paper and product design at all but far too ordinary and straight forward for my liking. But this paper - this Easter paper WOW! my photos do not do it justice at all and you have to see it in real life to appreciate it!
Easter is by no means a big commercial celebration in South Africa, but rather a religious celebration of life. But i see the possibility using this paper for everything but an Easter layout or project with bunnies and eggs and stuff...instead I made this cross reminding me of my faith, that Jesus Christ died for my sins and is risen!


a piece of the paper...


the edge of the cross is inked with frayed burlap Distress Ink and then stamped with a
Tim Holtz stamp in the same colour.


A bow and crystal finishes off the bottom of the altered frame..


inside the frame is a collage clip of Maria and baby Jesus. The edges pf the frame I embossed using zing embossing powder in brown. I loved how the little granules spilled over onto the glass and embossed that as well.


the grungeboard hinges were added to the sides of the cross not visible on the top picture. they were done a while ago, never used and found there way into my TH box. the rusty nails are from our farm shed ...where i find some of my favourite things to use in my projects.
The top of the frame is decorated with a grungeboard crown, coloured with Distress ink and Distress stickles to represent the King of Kings and finished off with diamantes. Three flat backed pearls adds the last finishing touches. A simple project but one with meaning and I loved just playing..having quiet time and reflecting once again on the true meaning of life!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images