tim holtz christmas tags

11:32:00 AM


i got a bit of a late start in making tim holtz' 12 Xmas tags but here they are so far... and realised how little of the things tim used i have but then decided to do what i do best...do my own thing
mmm tag 1 is still in progress....
tag #2
yes i know its missing the flower...couldn't quite decide what to do so it will be added later. the frames are from Prima and the sentiment by Artistic Outpost

i loved the flourish on the tag and those splats in green patina...

tag #3

the alcohol colours came out quite faded -a bit more than intended but still liked the look.

used my American crafts birthday dot stamp on the edges in green and white acrylic paint.
tag #4
this house pin is a really handmade nightmare....but i love it! the door stamp and sentiment is by Artistic Outpost - love it!!

my memory capsule is recycled packaging from the washers...i simply cut around the circle shape to fit into my bookplate and then filled it with glitter as i couldn't find my glass shards..yes i actually have some of those somewhere

tag #5

i love how the copper Lumiere paint resisted...but do not quite like the tag overall. i replaced the gold strips at the top and bottom with gold leaving
added some bows to my baubles...bot sure i like them but there they are

tag #6

another PSX stamp....the truck was one of my favourites...just love the look of it - it could be parked right outside my door

the snow on the tree was done with glossy accents and glitter and then i added
some beads as well
tag #7
another old favourite from PSX...Santa - he has such a pretty smile...don't think he would scare off the kids. the holly and berries on his hat was stamped a second time and raised for dimension I used ordinary white acrylic paint for my resist and it worked perfectly...love the effect

for my embossed sentiment i used silver embossing powder with an old PSX sentiment

tag #8

i replaced the lamp post with my dress makers dummy...you could imagine it somewhere in a shop window around Christmas time...

i have a ton of old keys...thanks to my dad who always kept them in a bottle and they are now my pride and joy....rusted ones, silvers, ones, big, small, old, new...bliss!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images